- RSS Channel Showcase 1506484
- RSS Channel Showcase 3223300
- RSS Channel Showcase 5245342
- RSS Channel Showcase 1111147
Articles on this Page
- 03/09/17--14:00: _Introducing CPHR Br...
- 03/10/17--11:29: _2017 HRC West Compe...
- 03/28/17--15:35: _How to Attract and ...
- 03/29/17--14:46: _Building the HR Bus...
- 03/30/17--09:00: _Improve Your Divers...
- 03/31/17--14:08: _Infographic: Surviv...
- 04/04/17--10:14: _Are You Prepared Fo...
- 04/05/17--09:05: _Infographic: Wellne...
- 04/05/17--09:52: _Finalists Announced...
- 04/06/17--10:03: _Non-Culpable or Inn...
- 04/07/17--08:24: _When HR Meets PR
- 04/10/17--11:48: _#BCTech Summit Expl...
- 04/12/17--09:22: _Creating Space for ...
- 05/03/17--14:15: _Recipients Announce...
- 05/08/17--09:30: _Elizabeth Gilbert: ...
- 05/10/17--13:49: _Two Wrongs Might Ma...
- 05/10/17--13:55: _Engagement Sapped b...
- 05/12/17--11:52: _Infographic: Get th...
- 05/19/17--10:43: _Infographic: Are Yo...
- 05/23/17--11:19: _Talent Management: ...
- 03/09/17--14:00: Introducing CPHR British Columbia & Yukon
- 03/10/17--11:29: 2017 HRC West Competition Showcases HR Leaders of Tomorrow
- 03/28/17--15:35: How to Attract and Manage the Generation Z Workforce
- 03/30/17--09:00: Improve Your Diversity Intelligence: Eliminate Your Blind Spots
- 03/31/17--14:08: Infographic: Surviving Organizational Stress
- 04/04/17--10:14: Are You Prepared For Change?
- 04/05/17--09:05: Infographic: Wellness in the Workplace
- 04/05/17--09:52: Finalists Announced for 2017 Professional Awards
- 04/06/17--10:03: Non-Culpable or Innocent Absenteeism
- 04/07/17--08:24: When HR Meets PR
- 04/12/17--09:22: Creating Space for Change: A Little Bit Goes a Long Way
- 05/03/17--14:15: Recipients Announced for CPHR BC & Yukon’s 2017 Professional Awards
- 05/10/17--13:55: Engagement Sapped by Common Mistakes: The Case of Uber and Amazon
- 05/12/17--11:52: Infographic: Get the Most Out of Working Remotely
- 05/19/17--10:43: Infographic: Are You Addicted to Work
- 05/23/17--11:19: Talent Management: Putting People First
Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon launched new name and brand.
On March 3 – 4, 2017, the next generation of HR leadership from across Western Canada converged on the Richmond campus of event co-sponsor Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU) for the 4th Annual HRC West Case Competition. Co-sponsored by Ultimate Software, HRC West was a partner initiative driven by Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British […]
For the last few years, the millennial labor force has dominated many HR conversations, but it’s important to note the new generation joining the workforce: Generation Z. Experts find that the needs and experiences of Generation Z are unique, as they are the first generation to only know life with mobile and internet technology. Therefore, they encompass an overall different attitude about work. Companies need to know what the priorities of these job seekers are as Generation Z will represent 20% of the workforce by the year 2020.
Over the past decade or more, there’s been a world-wide revolution as organizations large and small have taken a stand for coaching as a vital HR strategy and business driver.
By aligning diversity intelligence (DI) with leadership strategies and communication practices to ensure a truly collaborative, inclusive and engaging work environment, we can inspire high-performance teams and improve organizational and project success. DI, like other skills, is a competency that requires learning and constant improvement. As the dynamics of our diverse workplaces change, so must we.
What are the effects of organizational stress? What are effective managerial tactics and styles? This infographic explires how to survive organizational stress.
Change is constant and occurs whether we like it or not. Understanding its components on a personal level can help us translate that understanding to the organizational level; an important thing as organizational change typically affects many different areas of that organization. Maybe even more important is the effect that change has on the individuals within the organization, and the impact the change has on them.
This infographic provides tips for a healthy, active workplace.
CPHR BC & YK is proud to announce the finalists for the 2017 Professional Awards.
In a recent decision, an arbitrator upheld a grievor’s dismissal for non-culpable or innocent absenteeism because he failed to show he could attend work regularly in the foreseeable future and the accommodation process was exhausted.
A couple of weeks back, a woman in Winnipeg went public with a story about her job application with a local food delivery company. It turned into a PR nightmare. How would you have handled the situation?
Thousands gathered at the #BCTech Summit in Vancouver last month to explore the latest ideas and innovations fueling our economy. Among those gathered were some of Vancouver’s own entrepreneurs who have been using technology to solve pressing social issues.
The difference between the best and the worst, between success and failure, between mediocrity and excellence, is often very small. Witness how tight the spread between first and last place can be in an Olympic downhill race. A single insight is sometimes worth a life’s experience. That is one reason why I call myself a lifelong learner. There is a constant need to fine-tune our skills, to be constantly on the lookout for those little things that make a big difference.
CPHR BC & Yukon is proud to announce the recipients of the 2017 Professional Awards.
Ten years ago, Elizabeth Gilbert captivated the world with her powerful and transformative memoir Eat, Pray, Love, encouraging millions of readers to make changes, large and small, in their own lives. In the decade since her best-selling memoir, people have pursued Gilbert for further insights on how to lead a bold and inspired life. What emerged is a bold foray into non-fiction, Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear, in which Gilbert digs deep into the generative process to awaken the creativity within us all.
It is important to be aware of the protections of the Copyright Act when contracting for services related to the design or creation of works that might fall under its purview, the breadth of which might be surprising. For example, copyright can subsist in artistic works (including paintings, drawings, sculptures and even maps), movies, books, sound recordings, broadcasts and beyond. Copyright can even subsist in software code, among other things.
The world of employee engagement has been experiencing new sounds and rhythms, where reciprocity and co-creativity are becoming the tunes of the day. In a digital workplace increasingly characterized by transparency, employees expect much more than a pay check and an annual satisfaction survey.
Infographic created by Ayers Management.
Are you a workaholic? This infographic explores the addiction of work.
Talent management is attracting a crowd. While usually delegated to HR, it is currently gaining visibility and sparking discussion about just what it encompasses, and who is best qualified to lead it.